5+ yrs exp
Project Management experience a plus
Jersey City (Exchange Place) or Fairfield, NJ
Dresdner Robin is a pre-eminent land-use consultancy serving the New Jersey, New York, Connecticut and Greater Philadelphia markets. Dresdner Robin’s mission is to enable its clients the ability to leverage strategic advantages in the market place by providing timely and effective consulting services supportive of sound risk-based decision making. Dresdner Robin’s primary capabilities are Environmental Consulting (including LSRP services), Civil Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Land Surveying, and Planning.
Diverse and Significant Clients: Dresdner Robin serves both private and government clients by providing a broad spectrum of environmental consulting services to reclaim land for adaptive re-use, by providing state-of-the-art site design, and by managing clients’ projects through a complex set of environmental, zoning, and land-use regulations.
Sophisticated Civil Design Services: Dresdner Robin’s civil engineering design capabilities include commercial and residential site plans, utility infrastructure, and roadway, marina and waterfront open space. Site plan projects range from small lot, high-density urban developments to large scale residential and commercial site plans and subdivisions. Dresdner Robin also has considerable design experience in storm water management, water distribution, and sanitary sewer systems.
Did you know…..
- · DRESDNER ROBIN is the leading land use consultancy firm for the Hudson Waterfront (“New Jersey Gold Coast”) and working on the tallest building to be built in NJ?
- · DRESDNER ROBIN is considered a national pioneer in the adaptive use of Brownfield sites?
- · DRESDNER ROBIN was founded in Jersey City 35 years ago, and now has four offices?
- · DRESDNER ROBIN serves mostly private clients but performs sophisticated state and municipal work as well?
- · DRESDNER ROBIN offers unparalleled employment benefits and the opportunity to work in sleek and spacious professional office environments?
- · DRESDNER ROBIN’s spacious & modern Jersey City offices overlook the Hudson waterfront and are less than a block from the Exchange Place Path station?
Dresdner Robin is seeking an experienced civil engineer with 5+ years’ experience to work in our downtown Jersey City or Fairfield, NJ office. Both are new large and airy offices located in Class A office buildings, laid out in a modern, “open environment” style.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions Essential and other important duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
As part of Dresdner Robin’s civil engineering team, the qualified candidate will be responsible for:
- · Preparing site plans for projects in the NJ and NYC market place
- · Preparing project permit submissions and associated calculation and reports for stormwater, sanitary sewer, water service, flood hazard area, waterfront development, soil erosion, etc.
- · Interfacing with clients by phone, in writing and in person, communicating and establishing expectations
- · Coordinating and managing the daily activities/scheduling of various construction projects
- · Such additional duties as required
Education: Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
License or Certification: New Jersey PE License and Valid Drivers’ License
- · Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the NJ/NYC area in all aspects of site development including:
- o Site/civil design
- o Permitting and construction
- o Client Management
- · Prior project management experience is a plus.
- · Proficient Proficiency in Auto CAD and Civil 3D
- · Strong written and verbal communication, organizational, interpersonal, client management and time management skills consistent with a project management role.
- · Such other skills as might be required
Benefits: Dresdner Robin offers a competitive benefits package, including: medical and dental for employee and family, Health FSA, 401(k) plan, Transit Flexible Spending Account, generous Paid Time Off and Holidays. Dresdner Robin also offers reimbursement of registration fees for Professional Certifications/Licenses.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate. May be exposed to noise, dust, equipment exhaust, hazardous materials while on sites. The noise level on the construction site is often loud. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
Dresdner Robin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Dresdner Robin is a drug free workplace.