Amec Foster Wheeler
Civil CAD Designer ______________________________________________
Business Unit: Americas
Market: Environment & Infrastructure
Job Location: Hamilton, NJ
Job Reference Number: 7952
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking a Civil CAD Designer to join our team in Hamilton, NJ. The ideal candidate will have an Associate degree in civil engineering, environmental engineering, including computer aided design element, or related field and 2 to 5 years civil/environmental design experience using AutoCAD Civil3d software.
· Work within multidiscipline design teams on wide variety of civil and environmental projects, including site development, infrastructure, landfills, stream restoration, soil and groundwater remediation
· Grading and drainage design in Civil3d
· Erosion and sediment control and storm water plan preparation
· Develop surface models, alignments, profiles, sections, pipe networks and earthwork cut/fill quantities using AutoCAD Civil3D
· Preparation of project permitting documents for local, state and federal permits
· Support preparation of engineering cost estimates for civil and/or environmental construction projects
· Interact with coworkers and internal clients, while conducting work in a professional and ethical manner
Skills / Qualifications
· Associates degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering or commensurate experience
· Erosion and sediment control and storm water plan preparation experience
· Working knowledge of Carlson Takeoff software is a plus
· Ability to prepare construction drawings, report figures, and details under limited supervision in accordance with various local, state, or federal CADD standards
· Familiarity with National CAD Standards is required
· Knowledge and application of advanced CAD practices relating to plan production including, but not limited to, annotative scaling, x- refs, viewports, appropriate layer controls, and best practices is required
· AutoCAD Civil3D knowledge and experience
· Willingness to accept responsibility and additional support tasks
· Strong dedication to maintaining a safe work environment and promoting company safety culture
· Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours if/as required
· Ability to work independently and contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
· Excellent communication, both verbal and written, and organizational abilities
· Ability to read, comprehend, and prepare construction drawings and report figures
· Knowledge of materials of construction and developing construction details
How to Apply: Apply on our website at the following link
Amec Foster Wheeler (www.amecfw.com) designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors.
With pro-forma 2014 annualized scope revenues of £5.5 billion and over 40,000 people in more than 55 countries, the company operates across the whole of the oil and gas industry – from production through to refining, processing and distribution of derivative products – and in the mining, clean energy, power generation, pharma, environment and infrastructure markets. Our Environment & Infrastructure business offers consultancy, engineering and project management services in water, transportation/ infrastructure, government, and industrial/pharma sectors.
Amec Foster Wheeler shares are publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange and its American Depositary Shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Both trade under the ticker AMFW.
We offer competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package including: medical, vision, & dental coverage, 401K Matching, Educational Reimbursement, and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path. Additional information can be obtained from our website at www.amecfw.com.
Please visit www.amecfw.com/careers to search all career opportunities currently available at Amec Foster Wheeler.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
By submitting your resume, you consent to Amec Foster Wheeler Americas Limited sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities for which you may be suitable.