ERM is looking for a motivated, detail-oriented Project Engineer, Geologist, or Scientist to join our growing team in Ewing, New Jersey. Working under the direction of project managers and partners, the successful candidate will work on interesting site investigation and remediation projects throughout New Jersey and other US locations. You may also have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, covering the full spectrum of ERM’s services.
This is a great opportunity to work with ERM's technical experts to implement the latest investigation and remediation technologies as well as more sustainable approaches, while building the required experience to obtain your professional registration.
- Assist with management of tasks involving site investigation and remediation of soil, groundwater, sediments, and free-phase product for clients with complex technical/regulatory issues in the power, chemical and other manufacturing sectors.
- Plan and oversee field work, including sampling, drilling, well installation, soil, groundwater and free-phase product assessment, vapor intrusion assessment, remedial pilot tests, and remedial system construction oversight.
- Coordination with the Project Manager and Licensed Site Remediation Professional to support team with the preparation and implementation of sampling plans, data management, data of known quality protocol (DKQP) reviews, and other project tasks;
- Preparation or review of reports summarizing various stages of the remedial program with certification that activities have been completed pursuant to current regulations and guidance for sites regulated by the Spill Act, ISRA, GPRA 2020, etc.;
- Assist in groundwater and system performance monitoring.
- Prepare environmental compliance plans, permits, and reports for air quality, hazardous waste, spill prevention, storm water, and wastewater.
- Perform Phase I and II environmental site assessments to support property transfer transactions.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
- Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments.
- Communicate with subcontractors, regulatory agents, tenants, and clients during field activities.
- BS in engineering (chemical, civil, or environmental), geology, or environmental science or related degree.
- 4 to 8 years’ experience, with task management and field implementation of remediation projects, preferably under New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection regulatory programs and guidance.
- Environmental field work experience and 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification a plus.
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health and Safety protocols.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills; experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Detail-oriented with mechanical aptitude and hands-on trouble-shooting/problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Local candidates preferred.
Who We Are:
As the world’s leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. ERM and our partners are driven by a dynamic vision: By 2021 we will be the clear leader in our chosen markets, we will double in value and we will deliver on our promises to our clients, our people and our investors. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Qualified candidates will be contacted by email, and requested to complete a video questionnaire. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Please apply on ERM Website: