Opportunities at Amec Foster Wheeler
Position: Project Level Geologist / Environmental Engineer
Division: Environment & Infrastructure
Job Location: Hamilton, NJ
Job Reference#: 21915BR
Amec Foster Wheeler (www.amecfw.com) designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors.
With pro-forma 2013 annualized scope revenues of £5.5 billion and over 40,000 employees in more than 50 countries, the company operates across the whole of the oil and gas industry – from production through to refining, processing and distribution of derivative products – and in the mining, clean energy, power generation, pharma, environment and infrastructure markets.
Amec Foster Wheeler shares are publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange and its American Depositary Shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Both trade under the ticker AMFW.
We offer competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package including: medical, vision, & dental coverage, 401K Matching, Educational Reimbursement, and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path. Additional information can be obtained from our website at www.amecfw.com.
Amec Foster Wheeler’s Environment & Infrastructure business is seeking a Geologist/Environmental Engineer for our Technical Services Group in Hamilton, New Jersey. This position includes work in both the office and the field on project sites, depending upon the specific assignment. This individual will work under the supervision of a principal-level or associate-level professional.
· Field activities may include soil borings, test pit excavations, groundwater monitoring well installations and collecting soil, groundwater, soil gas, surface water and sediment samples, as well as documenting field activities.
· Field activities may also include oversight of remediation subcontractors during remediation activities including pilot studies and remediation system installation.
· Compile, organize, and evaluate field and laboratory data for incorporation into technical reports.
· Summarize field sampling activities and data evaluation for incorporation into technical reports.
· Coordinate subcontractor activities for field assignments.
· Perform standard engineering or scientific calculations.
· Prepare field reports, internal correspondence, and technical reports.
· Follow company safety standards, site safety standards, and provides all required permitting.
· Willingness to travel to project sites in the New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania area. Approximately 10% overnight travel. Company vehicles are provided for field work.
· BS or MS in Geology, Environmental Engineering or related technical field.
· 4 to 8 years + environmental experience.
· Must be a self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong computer skills for database work and proficiency in MS Office.
· Flexible to work outside normal business hours as required.
· Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a valid driver license and satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (Motor Vehicle Safety) policy.
· OSHA 40 hour certification preferred
· Knowledge of New Jersey Department of Environmental Protections regulations preferred.
· Field activities may require working in unfavorable weather conditions.
· Field activities may require working in specialized protective equipment supplied by employer. Candidate must be physically capable of performing tasks in such equipment.
· Ability to lift equipment and carry laboratory samples up to 50 pounds.
How to Apply: Apply online by copy and pasting the following link into your web browser
Or email resume to Kelly.Crook@amecfw.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
By submitting your resume, you consent to AMEC Americas Limited sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities that you may be suitable for