This position will design and implement appropriate technical services to ensure that client and project management needs are met. Position includes performing field and office tasks as well as providing project management support for traditional assessment and remediation projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical field.
- Minimum of 4 years in the environmental consulting industry with demonstrated progression in technical site investigation / remediation and task management.
- Proficient in designing field programs and managing projects and associated field activities – scheduling, coordination of tasks, budgeting, subcontractor negotiating/management.
- Experience planning, coordinating, and managing Site/Remedial Investigation field activities and performing follow up intermediate hydrogeologic and data interpretation.
- Demonstrated task/project management skills.
- Intermediate data evaluation and analytical skills.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with common technical protocols and regulatory requirements.
- Ability and willingness to support the technical growth of staff level professionals based on direct hands-on interactions.
- Field Coordination and Management:
- Set up work plans and protocols, supervise field activities, coordinate field personnel and related activities for the purpose of implementing technically sound project plans. May also include implementation of field activities.
- Technical Data Review and Report Preparation:
- Coordinate the collection and review of project data, including the reduction of field data to evaluate and determine future client needs and project requirements. Interpret data, develop, and finalize a report for Project Manager’s review that appropriately documents findings and project remediation recommendations.
- Project Management:
- Ensure that individual task schedules, budgets, and client invoicing are monitored and reviewed in compliance with Company standards and client requirements to complete project work.
- Staff Mentoring and Training:
- Participate in the development of junior staff and work with senior management to continue to grow as a consultant and leader of the firm.
Physical Demands/Work Environment Conditions
This position works in the field as well as the office environment. In the field, candidate will be working independently or leading a larger team at exterior project sites (i.e., industrial/brownfield facilities, monitoring wells, treatment systems, construction projects) to perform sample collection, recording of operational/meter parameters, and oversight of subcontractors (e.g., drillers, heavy equipment operators, truckers). These field activities require the ability to drive to different project sites and physically move around outdoors in various terrains, in adverse weather conditions and occasionally for extended or irregular hours. Conducting work involves the use of hand-held monitoring instruments and tools, as well as water sampling equipment, which requires the ability to routinely lift and carry objects, stand, walk, reach, bend, squat, kneel and twist. Office work is primarily stationary/sedentary using a computer and keyboard/mouse requiring repetitive hand movements.
Roux is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or protected veteran status; and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Roux will take steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, or to perform the essential functions of the position, please contact HR@rouxinc.com. Please apply using this link: https://rouxinc.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/446